Brief Introduction from LAPA President
Rev. Freddie Lee Phillips
CLICK HERE to see LAPA President Rev. Freddie Lee Phillips' January 8, 2014 chat with LA Gov. Bobby Jindal regarding problems in the Louisiana auction industry and concerns Rev. Phillips has regarding Jindal's appointments to the Louisiana Auctioneer Licensing Board (LALB). Those concerns are exemplified by consumer Options 1, 2, and 5 below.
1. Educate yourself quickly on SHILL BIDDING, including:
2. CLICK HERE for INDIVIDUAL auctioneer issues (including LALB VIDEOS of those issues).
A. CLICK HERE to see the 9/10/13 LALB hearing webpage for 83-year-old-complainant Ms. Betty Story.
3. Obtain guidance for avoiding problematic auction experiences.
5. See LALB embarrassments, alphabetically by Board Member or associate.
6. View LAPA's proposed REFORM of the Louisiana auction industry.
The above options are specifically intended for consumers; however, consumers can gain MUCH insight into the LALB by visiting Option # 1 under "Auctioneers" below. Especially of interest to consumers may be the link for discussions of placing a LAPA Link on the LALB's website. It's amazing the steadfast resolve of the LALB to keep you the consumer from obtaining access to the information within this website!
AUCTIONEERS (continues to be under construction)
1. LALB Discussions Indexed by Topic.
2. LALB Financial Information.